Saturday, September 20, 2008

Party Time

Today was the big Birthday Party. We had about 20 adults and 8 kids at the party today. Everyone had a great time. There were no disasters or any other major problems that can happen when you have that many people in a small space. We started the party with the kids playing in the playroom and then slowly progressed to the backyard. The big kids played on the playground and the little ones spent some time on the trampoline or walking/crawling through the grass. Then we moved inside to open presents. Even though the babies were pretty oblivious to what was going on, they liked the tissue paper and they were excited about the new toys. Next, it was time for cake. I think since they had just had cake last night they weren’t too excited about it tonight. Mason hated the icing on his hands and almost had a meltdown. Macky wouldn’t even try her cake. She did however, really like the vanilla ice cream.

I’m really glad that we were able to celebrate this milestone with our close friends and family. My dad came in from Panama, my in-laws from Albuquerque, and my sister and her husband from Oklahoma. We had a lot of people here to share in this special day and that meant a lot. I know that the babies won’t remember it, but I will. Today was awesome! I know I say this all the time, but I’m so glad to be back in the south. I love being close to our friends and family.


Look at this.



I love it!


Check out all of these toys.


Let's sing.



1 comments:

Angela said...

Aww they look adorable! Everthing looks great! Seeing the video makes me that much more sad we missed their first b-day! :( Such a bummer!