Friday, September 26, 2008

A little Texan?

Sydney has developed an accent. I don’t know where it came from, but I’m working very hard to get rid of it. She has a slight drawl when she says words like, “baby” or “hands” - anything with that long a sound. It is driving me nuts. I’m constantly correcting her. I will not have my daughter sound like a Texan/Okie. I grew up in Oklahoma, as did my Mom, and neither of us have heavy accents. Eric doesn’t have an accent. I’m guessing that she is picking it up from kids at school. Regardless, it must stop. Just because we live in Texas doesn’t mean that she has to grow up with a drawl. So for now, I will continue to correct her and hope that it gets better.

Happy Birthday, Autie!

2 comments:

delmuro said...

I like your accent Stormi.

Td

Angela said...

What is your problem with the accent? Do you think it makes people sound stupid? I like it! Or at least I grew up with all of my Dads family with heavy Texan accents and I loved to hear them talk! I always wished I had one! Anyway dont fight it so much, its not like she is going to have a super heavy one when you guys dont! :) Braeden is even saying words with a drall too, haha its funny!