Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Chopped Liver

A few months ago my Mom started letting Syd spend the night on Wednesday nights. They stay up late bake cookies and cupcakes and watch movies. Then in the morning Syd gets to eat chocolate doughnuts. It has become a weekly event and is now ‘Kiki and Sydney Night'. I don’t know who enjoys it more my Mom or Sydney. Every Wednesday Sydney walks out the door and says, “Bye, Mama chop liver.” She thinks this is so funny. My response is always, “Bye, baby chopped liver.” Today she was extra excited about going to Kiki’s house and instead of our normal exchange she said, “Tonight is not your night, tonight is my special night at Kiki’s house.” (all this while her little arm was out stretched and her palm was towards me) I don’t know where she gets her attitude.

This past week Syd has become completely obsessed with the babies birthday party. I’ve been making plans and buying supplies, but Sydney is trying to take it to a whole other level. She has told me about a 100 times, “Mommy, don’t forget we need party hats and party noise makers.” She thinks that we should order 12 pizzas and 7 cakes for the party. She also wants balloons, even though she hates balloons, and a piƱata. I think she may have a career as an event planner.


0 comments: