Sunday, September 14, 2008

facebook

Yesterday I logged into my email, and much to my surprise there was an email from an old friend that I haven’t spoken to in about 6.5 years. I was pleasantly surprised to hear about her family and see pictures of her son. I was able to do this because of facebook. In the past I’ve been very much against joining any online sites like MySpace or similar sites, but I really wanted to see pictures of her and her family so I joined. Much to my amazement, there were several other people that I’ve lost touch with that have been looking to contact me and found me within just a few hours. I feel reconnected to my past. It was good to hear from friends that I haven’t talked to in years, some 10 plus. How else would I be able to reconnect with a French foreign exchange student that now lives in Bangkok? Well, it wasn’t without much teasing from Eric, I might add. He kept asking me, “Are you playing on ‘The Internets’?” and “Is that ‘The Facebook’?” He thinks its funny to poke fun at me. Granted, I get a little excited, but I have to tell someone and he is the only one in the house that is awake. He’ll get over it and I can handle the teasing. Well, I’m going to get back on facebook and look for some more friends from my past.

1 comments:

Angela said...

ya, im going to find you on facebook! ;)