Monday, September 22, 2008

Doctor and Ducks

The babies had their one-year well baby check up today. Mason is 31.25inches tall and 24lbs 3oz. Mackenzie is 32 inches tall and 25lbs 6 oz. The doctor said that they are really big for their age. Mackenzie isn’t even on her growth chart, because she is so tall. The doctor also said that they are perfectly healthy. She was very happy to hear that they have been off of the bottle since 10.5months and are eating finger foods. She was even able to get them to play patty cake and peek-a-boo. She was impressed that they can say more than just ‘Mama’ and ‘Dada.’ Even though I knew that they are doing well and I thought developmentally that they are on track, it is still nice to have a professional tell you that you are doing a good job. It is nice to hear and it made me feel really good.

On a different note, Sydney has been extra funny lately. I wanted to share a funny story. Today she woke up and announced that she was going to teach the baby ducks (Mase and Macky) how to quack. I said, “Why are you going to do that?” She looked at me with her hands on her hips and in the most serious voice answered, “Because I’m the Mommy duck and they are the baby ducks and baby ducks should know how to quack.” I said, “okay” and decided to stand back and watch. I knew it would be funny. So she finally gets both of the babies sitting in front of her and she tells them about learning to quack and then, all of a sudden, she bends down and yells, “QUAAACK!!” right in Mackenzie’s face. I died laughing and so did Macky. Mason, who was sitting right behind Mackenzie, just stared at Sydney like she had lost her mind. This ‘quack’ teaching continued for about 5 mins until they all bored of it. Just thinking about it now makes me smile.

1 comments:

Angela said...

Syd is freaking hillarious.... and strange! haha to funny!