Thursday, December 4, 2008

Projects – Be afraid!

Today was a day of projects. In a recent post, I mentioned that Syd wanted a Christmas tree in her bedroom. Well, my Mom thought this was a great idea. She had an extra one, imagine that! So, last night my Mom and Syd went to the store to pick out ornaments for her tree. Syd picked out these really pretty silver and pink ornaments. My Mom tried to get her some other fancy ones, but Syd didn’t want them. She only wanted her tree to have lights, pink and silver balls and the most important thing of all a ‘Christmas Star.’ This morning my Mom and Syd came over with the tree and Syd couldn’t wait to decorate it. She wanted to get started right away. While the babies ate breakfast my Mom and Syd took the opportunity to get started decorating the tree. Syd did really good hanging all of the ornaments. I wasn’t sure if she would have the coordination to hang them on the tree since they are kind of small, but she did. After the babies finished breakfast I decided to let them join in the fun. They were in awe of the tree. They both loved trying to grab the ‘balls’ off the tree. This is exactly what I feared would happen. It took a little longer than it should have, but they finally got in finished and once the star was on the top Syd stepped back and said, “Oh, Kiki that tree is amazing.” I think my Mom’s heart melted just a little bit. It was so cute.

The next project of the day was to give Mason a haircut. He has been in dire need of one for a couple of weeks now. Usually I have one of my best friends cut it, but I won’t see her for a while and I just couldn’t wait, and I refuse to pay someone else to do it. I decided today that as a mother of a boy I was going to learn how to cut his hair. So I got out the clippers, strapped him in the chair, and started my first haircut. I decided to go with a 2 guard on the back and sides and then a 4 guard on the top. I didn’t realize how long his hair was until I made that first pass with the clippers and a ton of hair came off. I think I almost had a heart attack, but it was too late. I had to keep going. I got the sides and back finished and decided that it was kind of short, but it was okay. It was time to move to the top. Holy cow, a 4 guard is short! I don’t know what I was thinking. When I finished Syd said, “Mama, Mama, he is bald like Daddy.” Thanks Syd for making me feel better. Like Eric always says, “Its only hair.” I guess it will grow and the more I look at it the more I like it. Don’t get me wrong, it is a little shorter than I had planned, but I still think he looks cute. Unfortunately for Mason this won’t be his last Mom haircut, let’s just hope practice makes perfect.


Can we hang just one more ornament?
This tree is really pretty!
I love it, Kiki!
Mason with hair.
My bald baby boy. I'm sorry, Mason.

0 comments: