Thursday, December 18, 2008

Finally

Lately I’ve found myself using finally in almost every sentence. I’ve decided to share a few examples with you.

Eric and I finally bought a new camera. We have been debating on which one to buy for a while. I thought I wanted a SLR, but I knew that I would probably never find the time to learn to use it correctly. After a lot of research, we decided on a Panasonic Lumix. It is the perfect cross between a SLR and a point and shoot. I’ll include some pictures we’ve taken with it at the end of the post. I think it is a perfect addition to the ‘Lotinez’ Family.

We finally had some family pictures taken. I got them back today and I love them! My friend Angela knows a girl from church that takes amazing pictures and agreed to take ours. (Thanks Cara!) We drove up to Oklahoma last weekend and had them done in front of the old school house in Moore. I’m so happy with the way they turned out. I’m planning on posting them soon. If you want to check out her photography page it is http://www.caramiaphotography.blogspot.com/.

It finally feels like winter in Texas. For the longest time I didn’t know if would ever get cold here, not that I’m complaining. As many of you know, I hate the cold, but it doesn’t really feel like Christmas time without a little bit of chill to the air. I actually had to break out my winter coat. I didn’t know if I would ever use that thing again and I was a little sad, because it is brand new. I got it the last winter we were in Missouri and I really like it. At least I know that I will get to wear it a few days here and there.

I’m finally making some progress on my Christmas shopping. I still have quite a bit of shopping left to do, but I’ve made a dent in my list. Unfortunately I will probably have to brave a few stores this weekend. The rest I can probably buy online and just get them late since I won’t be giving them away until after Christmas.

We finally put up our tree and we haven’t had near the problems that I thought we would. The babies look at it and say, “ball” about a hundred times a day, but for the most part they stay away from it. I added some more ornaments this year and I’m really happy with the way it looks. I love my tree. I think it looks really pretty. I also have pictures of it to post.

I finally mailed my Christmas cards. Last year, my Mom and I took the kids to two different studios and I hated all of the pictures. We ended up coming home and spending two hours trying to get at least one picture that was half way good enough of the three of them to put on a card and send out. This year, Cara made our card using one of our family pictures and I’m really happy with it.

Lastly, I finally saw Twilight, and I loved it. I was supposed to go with a friend from here, but it just didn’t work out so I went with Angela when I was in Oklahoma. Don’t worry JD, I will totally go and see it again. It was a little different from the book, but what can you expect? Of course there will be some differences, the author is cramming a 550 page book into a 2 hour movie. I thought that they did a really good job of keeping it as close as possible. I can’t wait for the next one to come out.

Enjoy the pictures from the new camera. It is so much easier to take good pictures now.


Plastic tub train!

A pic of Macky taken with the film grain option.


My little scientist.

Syd just being cute.

Our Christmas tree.









1 comments:

Angela said...

so cute, Im so glad you got a new camera, fun fun!