Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

Today was a busy day. Here is my to do list.

Make banana nut bread
Sauté veggies for stuffing
Assemble & decorate gingerbread house
Vacuum
Laundry
Wrap Eric’s presents
Go to Parent’s for tamales & posole ( hominy, pork and red chile stew YUM-O!)
Assemble picnic table and kitchen for kids.

Syd and I assembled and decorated the gingerbread house during nap-time. Hopefully Syd will be extra tired from skipping her nap and will fall asleep easily. She did a great job decorating the house. It was so much for both of us. I will say that engineers should be careful about doing projects like this. I wanted to make sure that it was perfectly lined up, and that all of the walls were square. I finally decided that most people doing these aren't engineers, so I had to just leave it with a crooked wall and a slanting roof. Syd was just as bad. She was very particular about where she put each piece of candy. She put a lot of thought into where she put each piece. She is so cute. This is definitely a project that we will do each year.

Even though today was super busy it was still a really good day. I got a lot accomplished (everything on the list except the last one) and was still able to have fun with the kids and spend time with my family. I can’t think of a better way to spend the holidays.

Well, I guess I should get off of here at start putting presents under the tree and assembling the kitchen and picnic table. It is going to be a long night and I have a feeling that it will be a very early morning. Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute pics. cant wait to see them

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have been super busy. But it will be worth all the hustle . Love ya Mrs. C.