Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Day

Here is our Christmas day in a nutshell.

7:00am – Syd woke us up. We thought she would wake up much earlier so we were pretty happy that it was this late. We were up until midnight assembling toys.
7:30am – The babies woke up.
7:35am – The kids found the picnic table that Santa left in the playroom. It is a big hit.
The five of us opened our presents. The kids were so cute.
8:00am – Macky was the first one to climb on top of the table. Eric had predicted that someone would climb on it by 11:00am, but our little circus bear couldn’t help herself.
My family joined us to open presents and we opened presents from our families that live far away. The kids made out like bandits. They got so much great stuff.
10:30am –Started cooking and getting ready for lunch.
12:01pm – Lunch was served. All of the food was so delicious. Everything tastes better when shared with family and friends.
1:00pm – Kids laid down for naps and we began to clean up the house.
4:00pm – Kids woke up and we actually opened some of the presents. Before, we just unwrapped them. The kids loved playing with all of their new toys.
5:30pm-8:30pm – Ate dinner, bathed kids, ate bedtime snacks & bedtime.
What a busy day!

I had a wonderful Christmas. I loved having Syd wake us up. I know very soon we will have three little ones climbing in our bed telling us, “Wake up, its Christmas, its Christmas.” I can’t wait. I loved seeing the look on Syd’s face when she saw the picnic table and when she found her cookie for Santa with a bite out of it. The babies are still kind of young, but each year will just get better and better. I know I say this often, but I love our little family of five. I really did have a Merry Christmas.

We love our picnic table. Thanks Santa!

Paper explosion part 1

Paper explosion part 2

What is it Mommy?

Mommy and Macky after Christmas lunch.

0 comments: