Sunday, November 30, 2008

It’s started!

It is officially Christmas time in the Lopez Martinez household. The first of the Christmas shopping has started. I’m not sure how I got so lucky, but Eric does most of the Christmas shopping in our family. He bought some toys for the kids today. We decided that we aren’t going that big this year since they have already have so many toys. We are going to buy them one big-ticket item and then a few smaller items each. We decided that this year’s big item would be a picnic table. I can see it getting a lot of use both inside and out. I imagine lots of coloring projects, tea parties and playing school. I can’t wait for them to see it on Christmas morning. Growing up I always loved the big items that weren’t wrapped, but were just out in the open on Christmas morning. Maybe I’ll put a big red bow on it or something.

Oh, and Syd informed Eric and I that she wants to be a Pop Star when she grows up, just like Hannah Montana. How does she even know who that is? My hopes of her becoming a Doctor, Engineer or other scientific occupation have been dashed away. Thanks, Disney Channel commercials! I’m sure that there are a lot of parents out there that would be perfectly fine with the idea of their child growing up to be a ‘Pop Star’, but Eric and I were crushed. Hopefully this will pass (soon)!

The other big thing, the babies have started trying to use utensils. I know it is really early for this and they are way too young, but they are interested. As long as someone, (Eric, myself, or Syd), puts the food on the fork/spoon, they will take it and get the food in their mouths. The look of accomplishment is priceless. Tonight they ate their entire meal of hotdog, broccoli, and cheese this way and were so proud. This is just another example of how fast my babies are growing. I love watching them learn and master new skills. They are so much fun- A lot of work, but a lot of joy.

I'm too cool with this fork!
This is easy.
Get there.
Got it!

0 comments: