Sunday, November 9, 2008

Take-off and Time-out

We have had a really busy week. My Dad got in last Sunday and it is always crazy when he comes to visit. We try to squeeze as much in as we can into a short amount of time. It seems like, before we know it, the week is gone and it is time for him to take off. This week he watched the babies by himself for the first time and survived. Most moms would be worried about leaving their children, well not me, I worry about the person that is watching them. There is something very scary about watching two mobile babies. One minute everything is fine and the next minute it is full blown chaos. I returned home to find everyone in the same condition, as when I left. I was so happy that the babies were able to spend some quality time with their Granddad. The next day, my Dad took Syd to the Dallas World Aquarium and that had a good time. One thing is for sure, my kids love their Granddad and he loves them. I really enjoy watching them interact and play together. They always have so much fun. My Dad goes back to Venezuela tomorrow and we will miss him so much, December 15 can’t get here fast enough.
Have a safe trip, Daddy.

The prisoners are trying to take over the prison. Eric and I have recently started disciplining the babies. At first, just a firm “no” would be sufficient, but that isn’t working any more. Now we have started giving swats on the bottom or the hand, depending on the offense, however our preferred method of discipline is time-out. Just in the last week, Mason got put in time-out for hitting. After he was out of time-out, Macky went and sat in the time-out spot. It was really kind of funny. I kept telling her to get up, that it was naughty spot, but it is impossible to tell a one year old anything. I guess she thought that she was missing out on something. Today Macky made her first trip to time-out. She was such a sad sight. We told her repeatedly not to hit the television, which, of course, she kept doing, so Eric put her in time-out. She cried the biggest crocodile tears I’ve ever seen. I don’t know what it is about her, but she really knows how to put on a show and pull at your heartstrings. Eric says that she is the hardest one for him to discipline and it is because, like Syd, she has her Daddy wrapped around her little finger. I just don’t know what we are going to do with these kids. I guess we just keep trying to be consistent, fair, and pray we are doing the right things. If we are lucky the prisoners won’t take over the prison any time soon.


Look at all of these cool fish.
Granddad, this is so much fun.
Granddad playing with Macky & Syd.


Macky's First Haircut. Thanks, Angela.


Happy Birthday, Reese. We had a great time at your party.

1 comments:

Angela said...

John really does such a great job with the kids! Im so glad you got to come down for the party, it really meant alot! And by the way, thanks for the double chin shot!