Monday, March 9, 2009

Trip to Oklahoma

On Friday, Syd and I headed to Oklahoma (my Mom followed us) for a short getaway. We left Friday morning and arrived in OKC at 12:45pm. We had a nice lunch with my Mom, best friend Angela, and her two kids at Pei Wei. After lunch, we went back to her house and she was nice enough to highlight and cut my hair. While we were doing hair, the kids played outside. The weather was so nice, a little windy, but I guess that is to be expected in Oklahoma. Ross (A’s husband) and I had planned earlier in the week to surprise her with a babysitter so that all of us could go to dinner. She was definitely surprised. I love surprising people! Dinner was so good, but the conversation and company was even better. Angela and I stayed up way too late talking and watching television.

Saturday was a very busy day. We (Angela, my Mom & I) were hosting my friend Heather’s baby shower. Everything went great and I think the shower turned out really nice. We hardly had any food leftover and Heather got a lot of great presents. I can’t wait to meet baby Carson. While we were having the shower, my sister was nice enough to take Syd to the Paint Station. They painted a ballerina, bear and a butterfly. Syd had a great time hanging out with her Auntie Autie and Syd can’t stop talking about all of the fun they had. After all of the festivities, Syd and I headed home. The trip was kind of short, but really nice. I really enjoyed going to Oklahoma and hanging out. Syd loves playing with her “best friend Braeden” and I enjoyed getting to have girl talk with my best friend as well. I can’t wait until we can do it again.


Angela & Stormi after the dinner.

Stormi, Heather & Angela at the shower.
Kim, Angela, Heather (baby Carson in belly) & Stormi
Syd & Auntie Autie are ready to paint.

1 comments:

Angela said...

Thanks for the Teeth whitening! lol, cute pics, will you email them to me? I want to post them too? :) Thanks babe!