Thursday, March 5, 2009

New Friends and a Play Date

A few months ago, my Mom and I took the babies to the mall (Syd was in school). Let me preface this with, we NEVER go to the mall. I HATE the mall and pretty much avoid going at all costs. For some unknown reason, we decided to go and get out of the house. I was having a run of particularly bad days and I thought a change of scenery would help. While we were in Baby Gap, I noticed another mom with two babies about the same age as M &M’s. Mase and Mack were very interested in them. I asked their age and, sure enough, they were about a month older than the babies. We started chatting and found out that we live in the same town, our husbands are both named Eric and are both engineers. We exchanged information, said good-bye and went our separate ways. I called a few days later and, since then, we have really hit it off. It is nice to finally have found a friend that lives in the same town and has kids the babies’ age.

Today we decided to go to a local park, go for a stroll/walk and then let the kids play. The park was awesome. It has really long walking trails that go through these wooded areas. Syd liked walking through the trees and she even got to hear a woodpecker. After our long walk we let the kids play on the playground. After the park we took the kids to McDonald’s for lunch and a little more play time. Needless to say, we got a lot of stares. I think it had something to do with 5 kids under 4 that seem to mesmerize people. We both got a kick out of it. Today was a lot of fun. I definitely think we will do this again soon.

I also wanted to post some recent pictures of the kiddos.

Mase and Macky playing Clippos
"Cheese"
Why won't this thing fit?
"Hi"

0 comments: