Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

Today we took a family outing to a local pumpkin patch. It was great. It is a 40-acre farm in the middle of this residential area with pumpkins, a corn maze, a few farm animals and slide for the big kids. We let Sydney run around a pick out a few pumpkins and tried and tried to get some good pictures of all three kids, but failed miserably. The babies really liked walking around, but they kept trying to bite all of the pumpkins. I really wanted to do the corn maze, but it was really big and was starting to get hot (I know, hot in the middle of October, but it is Texas) so we decided to skip it this year. We looked at the farm animals, but you couldn’t pet them or anything, so they didn’t hold much interest. As we were leaving the animals, Syd said she needed to use the bathroom. Fortunately, they had port-a-potties available so we headed in that direction. This was Syd’s first experience with a port-a-potty and she was not thrilled. Eric tried taking her first and she came out yelling, “It’s dirty, it’s dirty, I don’t need to go.” I tried not to laugh, because I know my daughter and I could tell that she was a little traumatized by the whole thing. I decided that I would try. I didn’t even get the door open before she started yelling. Luckily, Kiki (my Mom) was with us and came in and saved the day. She was able to talk Syd into going in and taking care of her business. Every one that knows Syd knows that she likes things clean. She doesn’t even like to eat messy things. She is a little OCD, but she comes by it honestly (Sorry Autie & Eric). I will say that as port-a-potties go, these were the cleanest I’ve ever seen. So after the whole potty ordeal, we decided it was lunchtime and headed back down to the pumpkin patch area for a picnic. I had so much fun today just letting the kids walk around and look at all of the pumpkins. The weather was beautiful and the picnic was a perfect way to end the day. We made it home in time for all the kids to take naps and, hopefully, we will be able to watch the Sooner game in peace. Boomer Sooner.

Hello Mr. Scarecrow.


Aren't we cute?


Almost all of us are looking this time.


Hey Macky, let me tell you something.


Looking for trouble.

1 comments:

Angela said...

fun fun Storm! Looks like you had a similar weekend! Cute pictures!