Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Columbus Day??

I spent most of my weekend sick in bed, not just because the Sooners lost, but also because I had some sort of upper respiratory infection. Eric picked Syd up from school on Friday and brought home a calendar for the month, but I didn’t think to look at it. Monday morning rolled around way too soon and I managed to get everyone up, dressed, fed, packed Syd’s lunch and loaded everyone in the car, ready to go to school. Luckily, my Mom decided to ride with me so I wouldn’t have to unload all of the kids. We pulled up to Syd’s school and it was very empty. Here was our conversation.

My Mom: Are you sure Syd has school today?
Me: Yes, we are just early (only 8minutes, mind you).
My Mom: Stormi, there are no cars, not even the teachers are here. I bet they are closed for Columbus Day.
Me: Seriously, they close school for Columbus Day? I didn’t even know that was a real holiday. I’m a spaz. I’m calling Eric.
Me: Hey, Eric. Did you know that Syd didn’t have school today?
Eric: No, but it is Columbus Day (and he laughs)
We hung up and I felt like a complete idiot. I can’t believe that I totally overlooked a school holiday and especially on a day when I could have really used it. The only good thing about it was that I was able to take a nap with the kids and they all slept for about 3 hours. It was awesome. I bet I don’t forget that holiday again any time soon.

Doesn't Syd look cute for her not school day?







1 comments:

Angela said...

oh thats a bummer! Syd is adorable! Im glad your feeling better! Let me know how your dr. appt went, actually ill just call you! :)