Friday, October 10, 2008

OU/texas & Kitchen Dancing

Tomorrow is the OU/texas game and I can’t wait. It is one of the games that I look forward to the most every year. When Eric and I were in college, a group of us would get together and drive down to Dallas for the weekend. We would cram 8 people in a hotel room and sleep 3 to a bed, party all night on Friday and then get up early and watch the game at a bar, and then head back to Norman on Sunday. No matter the outcome of the game it was always one of the best weekends of the year. Now that we are older and have kids, the idea of going Downtown and dealing with the crowds, however fun it was, has lost its appeal, and is now a rather scary thought. Eric and I, instead are opting to get a babysitter (the first since we moved to Texas) and go to a bar here in town and watch the first half of the game. Hopefully we will still get some of the fun atmosphere, without all of the crazy, irrational college kids that are Downtown. I’m looking forward to actually watching the game and not having to change diapers and get juice and snacks every ten seconds. This time someone will actually be waiting on us for a change. I can’t wait. Hopefully the Sooners will kick some texas “A” and it will be a good game to watch.
Go Sooners!


On a different note, the other evening I wasn’t feeling too good and neither were the kids, but after dinner Eric decided to start dancing with the girls. They loved it. All three of them had these huge smiles on their faces. It was so cute. It reminded me of when I was a little girl. My Daddy and I used to spend a lot of time dancing in the kitchen. I was lucky enough to get some really cute pictures and videos. I felt sorry for Mason just sitting there so I decided to take him for a spin. He loved it. After dinner and dancing it was bath time and the fun continued. There are some really cute pictures that I just had to share.

Eric dancing with his girls.


Dancing with my boy baby.


Daddy did our hair!

I'm a clean ball.



1 comments:

delmuro said...

too bad you couldnt dance after the game. bleh.