Thursday, January 22, 2009

What?

Recently, Sydney has been referring to Mackenzie as Baby Petunia. I have no idea where she heard this. Syd will say, “Come on Baby Petunia, let’s go play.” I will ask her, “Who is Baby Petunia?” and she points at Macky and says, “That one.” I’ve actually gotten quite used to her calling Mackenzie this and have almost stopped thinking about it. A few times I’ve asked why Mason doesn’t have a nickname and the answer is always the same, “Because, he is The Maseman.” Today, however, that changed. She arrived at the house with my Mom, walked into the kitchen and said, “Hello Baby Petunia.” Then she turned around and asked, “Where is Cosmo?” I had no idea who/what she was talking about. I asked and she looked at me like I was stupid (which is happening a lot lately) and said “Uh, Mason of course.” So, all day, she called the babies Cosmo and Baby Petunia. Syd, I love her, but she is a strange one. Everyone that knows Syd knows that her imagination is far and away one of the most creative, but recently she even has me saying, “What??!??” I try my hardest to encourage her creativity and imagination, but sometimes this is easier said then done. In order to encourage, I have to be able to follow what she is doing/thinking and that is where she loses me. If I’m not paying 100% attention to her then I get lost in her creative play. Luckily, she is nice enough to catch me up if I get behind. Syd is so much fun. It’s been awhile since I dedicated an entire post to just Sydney, she deserves it. My sweet, funny, creative little girl, she is always good for a smile and a laugh.


Sydney sitting in the toy box.

1 comments:

Angela said...

Man I love that girl, she cracks me up!!! lol